A Fan’s Checklist Of What To Bring To A NASCAR Race
If you’re planning to attend a NASCAR race, then you can probably expect to spend a day at the track. There’s nothing worse than being unprepared for any outing, so consider a small checklist to make the day a fun-filled event.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking. On a normal day, fans can expect to be at the track for a minimum of five to six hours and, depending on your seat location, there are stairs to climb and you will definitely want to have a comfortable pair of walking shoes.
- Always bring a small umbrella or rain poncho – just incase those storm clouds decide to roll in during race time. If this should happen, the race will likely be stopped until the rain passes over and the track is dried. You’ll want to be dry while you wait for the race to resume. Purchase the smallest umbrella possible and tuck it in a purse or a pocket. There’s no need to carry a large, bulky umbrella around all day – especially if it ultimately isn’t needed. As a race fan, you’re always hoping for a sunny day, but it’s good to be prepared. If there’s a chill in the air, bring a light jacket.
- Remember to bring plenty of drinking water. Bottled water is ideal, convenient and really hits the spot on a hot summer day. Keep in mind that racetracks are large and, as mentioned previously, there is a lot of walking involved. From the time that you arrive, climb the stands and find your seat, fans are looking at a potential 30 minute walk or more. Avoid the temptation to poor the water over your head and save it for drinking.
- A snack is always a good thing to have on hand during raceday. Who wants to leave their seat when a hunger pain hits? Save yourself the time and pack a sandwich or candy bar from home. Don’t forget the hand sanitizer or soap, too!
- Keeping in mind that attending a live event is different than a televised event is essential. Many of the luxuries of watching at home, on television, are absent at a live event. Sitting in the stands will leave you without the commentary, so consider a scanner and headphones. A list of driver frequencies are available at most tracks, which will enable you to hear the spotter and driver communicate with one another during the race.
- Be sure to bring a camera and several rolls of film. If you’re using a digital camera, be sure that you have several brand new back-up batteries incase yours runs down through the course of the day.
Before you close that suitcase, there’s just a few more small items to remember. If you have a pit pass, bring along a small notebook for autographs. Consider bringing some cash, but not too much, for a visit to the many souvenir trailers lined outside the track. A final check should reveal that you’ve packed a pair of sunglasses and, if you’re seated high in the stands, grab a pair of binoculars and bring the action up close. After all, if a race isn’t close – what’s the point? Have fun.
Brown L'Artiste By Spring Step Comfort Casual Medium | Kohl's
Enjoy free shipping and easy returns every day at Kohl's. Find great deals on Brown L'Artiste By Spring Step Comfort Casual Medium at Kohl's today!