Fertility: Enjoying a Healthy Diet
Men's Lee® Extreme Comfort MVP Straight-Fit Flat-Front Pants
Always ahead of the curve. These men's straight-fit pants from Lee feature styling that takes your look to a new level. Performance design delivers constant comfort.
Simply Vera Vera Wang Adrienn Women's Sneakers
These Simply Vera Vera Wang Adrienn women's sneakers are perfect for a jog or running errands.
Many people don’t associate fertility and healthy diet with each other, but they go hand-in-hand. Your reproductive system is affected by what you eat. Everything you eat eventually enters your blood stream and travels throughout your body. If you put processed foods or unhealthy foods into your body, it affects your digestive system, nervous system, immune system and reproductive system. For increased fertility and reproductive health, you’ll need to make a few lifestyle changes that involve eating a healthy diet.
Incorporate the following foods in your diet that are good for your reproductive system.
- Green leafy vegetables are high in folic acid. Include Brussel sprouts and asparagus as part of your daily intake. Folic acid reduces the risk of ovulation issues.
- Fruit are high in vitamins and have numerous nutritional benefits. Oranges and strawberries contain vitamin C which strengthens the immune system and improve sperm quality. Bananas contain vitamin B6 which regulates the hormones for egg and sperm development. Apples are high fibre and low in calories.
- Cereals that are high in fibre are also good for your reproductive system. It helps to control sugar levels and protect heart health.
- Almonds contain vitamin E which is an antioxidant and helps to protect the DNA in the sperm and eggs.
- Chicken is an important source of protein that is great for egg production.
- Dark chocolate contains amino acid which can double the sperm volume.
- Garlic improves the blood flow to the man’s sexual organs and it protects the sperm from damage.
- Tomatoes boost the sperm count by up to 70% and can increase their swimming speed.
- Sunflower seeds and oysters each contain zinc. Zinc is crucial for conception and is an important mineral for male and female fertility.
- Carrots also increase your chances of conception because it is filled with carotenoids.
It is important to note that you’ll need to make a lot of changes to your diet if you are one who usually eats junk food or take-away meals. Smoking, alcohol and medication can all have a negative impact on your fertility. So you will need to cut down on these too. Good nutrition which is largely based on natural foods is essential for a healthy body and a productive reproductive system. A fertility doctor will advise you that a fertility treatment can be a challenging phase and it is always best to have a healthy lifestyle. Always consult a doctor when making lifestyle changes to your health.
Women's LC Lauren Conrad Sheer Lace Duster
This lace duster from LC Lauren Conrad is the perfect layer for any look.
''St. Marten's Sunset'' Canvas Wall Art
Make your wall the center of attention with this stunning ''St. Marten's Sunset'' canvas wall art.