The Pros and Cons of Mobile Computing
Bathroom Rugs and Bath Mats | Kohl's
Enjoy free shipping and easy returns every day at Kohl's. Find great deals on Bathroom Rugs and Bathmats at Kohl's today!
Plus Size Cuddl Duds® Far-Infrared Chemise
Featuring far-infrared technology with infused ceramic fibers, this women's Cuddl Duds chemise helps promote a deep and restful sleep.
I’ve always enjoyed mobile computing or the ability to do computing tasks with my mobile devices anywhere. Mobile computing has given me the flexibility to multi-task and maximize my time. Unfortunately, it hasn’t always been a great experience.
Here are some of my good and bad observations in mobile computing.
- Being productive during down time. Obviously, being able to work virtually anywhere is the best benefit of the mobile computing. There are times when you want to do some work when you have some down time, like when you’re waiting for your flight, waiting for someone in a restaurant, and other waiting activities.
- Being able to work when you least expect it. There are times when you suddenly need to do some report, respond to an important email, or send a file asap. During these times, it’s reassuring to know that you can just power on your mobile device and start working! Globalization has made working with co-workers from other countries and different timezones a necessity. As a result, your working hours is oftentimes disregarded by your foreign counterparts.
- Being able to play my multimedia collection anywhere. All work and no play can may you a dull person.
- Rest time is no longer rest time. Although we can do some tasks on our computers during our rest time or down time, it also takes away actual time for rest. Our minds and bodies need time to calm down and recharge, too.
- Work-Life Imbalance can happen. This is another sad consequence of mobile computing. Because we can do our work anywhere, we tend to work at home. When we do work from home, or when we bring home our work, we eat up time we can spend for our family, or for personal time. This imbalance often results in workaholism.
- We become connected 24/7. As cool as it may sound, being connected 24/7 is not healthy. Being connected all the time can keep you up all night resulting in lack of sleep. Lack of sleep has been proven to cause a lot of sickness. Another ill effect of being connected 24/7 is the one mentioned in the previous bullet point: work-life imbalance.
There are more good and bad observations about you may think of about mobile computing. The negative aspect of it can be fixed by setting your priorities straight and developing self-discipline. And, like most things in life, moderation is key.
Juniors' B. Smart Off-the-Shoulder Double Hem Dress
Flirty and feminine, this juniors' off-the-shoulder B. Smart dress is sure to turn heads.
BISSELL PowerClean Allergen Pet Vacuum (3000)
Tackle tough messes with this BISSELL PowerClean Allergen Pet Vacuum.
Nine West Astoria Zip Around Wristlet
Complete with a removable strap, this Nine West wristlet is functional and fashionable.
Earth Origins Paxton Pansy Women's Leather Shoes
Refresh your shoe collection with the chic charm of these Paxton Pansy shoes from Earth Origins.
FILA™ Evergrand TR 21.5 Men's Trail Running Shoes
Conquer the trails in these lightweight yet durable men's trailing running shoes from FILA.
Simply Vera Vera Wang Dragon Statement Ring
This stunning statement ring from Simply Vera Vera Wang is the perfect way to show off your unique sense of style.
Boys 6-18 Cuddl Duds® Sega Sonic Top & Bottoms Base Layer Set
Your Sega Sonic fan will love layering up with this boys' Cuddl Duds top and bottoms base layer set.
LumaBase 12-pk. Flameless Tealight Candle Luminarias - Indoor & Outdoor
LumaBase lighting at Kohls.com - Shop our full selection of lighting, including these LumaBase 12-pk. Flameless Tealight Candle Luminarias, at Kohls.com.