Principles Of Basketball Offense
When coaching basketball offense it is key to first understand the principles of offense. Listed are 11 principles about coaching basketball offense that can be passed on your your players.
1. Always move to receive a pass. The offensive player should keep the defense busy watching the ball and the players by cutting and faking.
2. Quick, fast passes will keep the defense off-balance. Dribbling gives the defense time to get in a good defensive position. It is important for offensive players to be in a good, balanced position on receiving the pass so that a number of moves can be made.
3. Individual moves are important for each player to develop. These moves are then incorporated with other teammates’ moves for an effective team offense.
4. If an offensive player drives to the basket for a lay-up, all other offensive players should clear out of the area.
5. Floor balance is a basic key to winning basketball. All players must know when to enter a play situation or keep out.
6. Give and Go is the simplest offensive pattern. It is used in all offensive patterns, simple or complex.
7. The player with the ball should always be followed by a trailer for a safety pass backward if forward progression is blocked. Also, if the ball is intercepted, the trailer is ready for defense.
8. Never force a pass or shot if several defensive players converge on the ball. Turn and pass the ball back.
9. Move the ball out and around the top when moving the ball from one side of the court to the other.
10. On the shot, all offensive players should move into offensive rebounding positions ready to put the rebound up for another shot.
11. Screens or blocks create a situation with two offensive players against one defensive player. These are essential to learn.
For more on coaching youth sports, visit RTP Sports Camps [http://www.rtp-sportscamps.com/index.html].
Men's New Era Navy/Red San Francisco Giants 2019 Stars & Stripes 4th of July On-Field 59FIFTY Fit...
Take your San Francisco Giants fandom to the next level when you grab this 2019 Stars & Stripes 4th of July On-Field 59FIFTY Fitted Hat. This New Era cap is perfect for a major San Francisco Giants fan like you who loves rocking the red, white and blue. The patriotic design matched with bold San ...
Kansas City Royals New Era 2019 MLB Armed Forces Day On-Field Low Profile 59FIFTY Fitted Hat - Camo
Honor those who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces as you cheer on your Kansas City Royals with this 2019 MLB Armed Forces Day On-Field Low Profile 59FIFTY Fitted Hat. This New Era gear features an embroidered Kansas City Royals logo on the front and a patriotic camouflage design. No one will be able...