7 Reasons Your High School Child May Need a Tutor
Your high-schooler is smart, socially adjusted and the teacher’s pet. Regardless, here are seven reasons how a tutor can make a difference. These high school years are significant for your child’s growth and success. A little one-on-one help can go a long way in achieving these goals.
1. Often parents simply do not know the material to be able to help. More than likely it has been many years since you took that class. Even if you did have the knowledge of the material, students hardly ever want to accept their parents’ help.
2. Whether your child gets distracted or frustrated, homework is “work”. Simply having dedicated support can make the difference between meltdown and achievement. This accountability will result in less wasted time spent on television, texting, and snacking.
3. High school grades are without a doubt, important. Excellent class grades, GPA’s, and extra curricular activities are the keys to college. Those freshmen to junior years are important years for determining your child’s college options.
4, Math is cumulative. If your student falls behind in his freshman year, it will get increasingly more difficult to get caught up.
5, Tutors can teach test taking skills and study skills. These skills are learned. If your child did not get these necessary skills at a young age, she may be facing some hurdles, if not already. Hopefully your child is not done with his education. Having proficiency in studying and tips for test taking will be utilized now and in her future.
6. ACT and SAT preparation. These tests take help, whether it’s through a large organized class or one-on-one. Guidance from someone knowing the process, and knowing the path to a high score is essential.
7. Help with college essays. Following the good grades, GPA and test scores, comes the college entrance essays. This is your child’s moment to create a vivid, compelling expression of who she is. The college application process takes preparation and creativity. It also takes knowing the objective of the admissions director.
The one-on-one attention of a private tutor could possibly be the only support needed for your child, reaping big rewards. The small amount of time and cost could show up in large amounts of success. These years are important for your childs’ growth and future. Help with homework, math, focusing, test taking, and essay writing are some reasons why your high school aged child might benefit from a private tutor.
iRobot Roomba i1 (1158) Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum
Take vacuuming off your mind with Roomba i1 Robot Vacuum’s personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique intelligence of iRobot Genius that learns your habits and your routines.