How Did Michael Jordan Become the Best Basketball Player of All Time?
Michael Jordan was not only the best basketball player, he was also considered as an American icon in different ways. Jordan was one of the leading basketball figures during mid-80s until the late ’90s, and remained as one of the most prominent sports figures until now. But the road His “Airness” took, was never an easy one.
All of us have experienced disappointments and rejection, Michael Jordan was no different. Jordan tried out for the high school basketball team but was rejected because he was considered short to play for the varsity level. But Jordan did not back down from his dreams. He joined the junior varsity squad where he showed his basketball skills. Eventually, he moved to another level during his junior and senior year in high school.
Early in his life, Jordan showed his tenacity in being the best basketball player he could possibly be. This was the first lesson that Jordan taught us, how to recover from failure and rejection. There are other college and professional games which tested his resolve, but he continued pushing through until he was able to etch his name on athletic history journals.
Jordan’s recipe to become the best basketball player was actually simple and essential lessons in both inside and outside of the sports world.
• Responsibility. Jordan took responsibility for his actions, both inside and outside the basketball court. This is obvious from one of his popular quotes, “some people just want to make things happen, others hopes it happens; while the rest make it happens.”
• Taking risks. Jordan is not just known as the best basketball player, but he was also a known figure in different fields. He is also known as an Olympic athlete, actor, and a business man. Jordan would have never excelled in this field if he did not take the risk just played in his comfort zone.
• Commitment and dedication. Jordan was an epitome of hard work and practice.
• Enjoy the game. The reason why there are people successful in their chosen craft is because they love what they doing.
• Humility. Star players or athletes would often forget their humble beginnings and would sometimes display an air of arrogance.
• Goal setting. Goals motivate both adults and children which is why it is essential to set achievable or workable goals.
• Seizing the moment. Jordan believed in doing things that he can do now. Opportunities should never postponed, rather it grabbed with both hands.
Amazingly, what we thought were just spectacles in Jordan’s life were important life skills/ lessons which we tend to forget or underestimate. Michael Jordan’s recipe for success was not really a secret, rather it was a concoction of determination, hard work and passion.
Of course, Jordan has skills that we may never possess. We may never be able to make that same vertical leap or same speed, but when we do something we are good at or something we love or passionate about, then we can certainly be the next best thing.
Women's Skechers® GOWALK™ High-Waisted Pants
Enjoy your workout in versatile comfort with these women's Skechers GOWALK pants. The high-waisted design is made with GOFLEX™ fabric which features a soft cotton-like feel in a matte finish.