3 Steps to Reducing Everyday Stress
Hurley Newquay Men's Water Shoes
You'll be ready for an outdoor adventure with these Hurley Newquay water shoes.
Women's Elizabeth and James 53mm Morgans Small Oval Sunglasses
These trendy, oval sunglasses from Elizabeth and James are the perfect, minimalist touch for your look.
YOU know the time. You’re feeling footloose and fancy-free, with tender equilibrium, and then, without warning, a flood of things comes your way to do, or some emotion-initiating event happens, and you’re undone in a flash. Or, perhaps you’re constantly feeling overwhelmed or anxious at the mere thought of the unknown coming at you. Maybe you can’t enjoy the good moments for the fear it won’t last. Could be you’re just exhausted.
Welcome to the club!
A recent study revealed that 30-45 percent of Australians found seven factors significantly stressful: issues related to personal finances, personal health, family, healthy lifestyle, health of others close to you, workplace, and relationships in general. Added to this, the fear of missing out was a significant stressor for those aged under 45.
There are two ways of looking at reducing everyday stress:
1. Acceptance of those matters that cannot be changed.
2. Courage to challenge and shift what can be changed.
Here are three steps to reducing your everyday stress:
1. Accept the things you cannot change – some things like low income, the health of others, some relationships, and family (to some extent) we simply cannot influence. Make a list of the things you cannot change and agree with yourself to stop stressing about them. (Regularly praying the prayer at the bottom of this article will help.)
2. Change the things you can – budgeting, personal lifestyle, and some relationships you can impact. Again, make a list of the issues of stress you face that you can influence. Develop strategies to instil change. Of all things, we find hard it’s developing new habits. Persevere and results do come.
3. Discern the difference between things that cannot and can be changed – wisdom is so important for managing stress and the keeping of perspective in life.
Praying this prayer – The Serenity Prayer – on a regular basis will help reduce stress:
God, help me to accept the things I cannot change, give me the courage to change the things I can, and grant me the wisdom to discern the difference. Amen.
Faith in God through Jesus Christ helps mobilise such a prayer of wisdom, bringing its fruit into our lives even as we pray and apply it.
 Australian Psychological Society, Stress & Wellbeing – How Australians are Coping with Life. Australian Psychological Society, 2015.
Baby Boy Carter's Shark Rash Guard Top & Shorts Set
Get your boy ready to make a splash with this Carter's rash guard top and swim trunks set, featuring shark graphics!
HomeVance Vanderbilt Chesterfield Button Tufted Loveseat
Complement your decor with this HomeVance Vanderbilt Chesterfield loveseat.
Girls 4-16 LC Lauren Conrad Jammies For Your Families® Warmest Wishes Pajama Set
Cozy and coordinating, this LC Lauren Conrad Jammies For Your Families Warmest Wishes Pajama Set will be a holiday favorite.
Juniors' Skull Tie Dye Flowers Fleece
Stay warm and show off your style with this skull and flower tie dye print fleece.
Aquatecs Wader Men's Water Shoes
Enjoy the water with these men's Aquatecs Wader shoes.
Women's Tek Gear® Button Placket Golf Polo
Complete the course in comfort wearing this women's Tek Gear golf top.
Juniors' SO® Novelty Socks
Rock a fun and funky vibe when you sport these bright and colorful women's SO graphic print socks.
Baby Shark Toddler Boys' Sandals
He'll love the design of these Baby Shark sandals.